- 4 to 6 large Russet or Yukon potatoes
- 2-3 strips of organic bacon, cut into small pieces
- Salt & ground pepper
- 1-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 16 pasture raised eggs
- Silicone muffin cups*
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, about 30 – 45 minutes. Allow to cool, peel the skins off, then grate. Season well with salt & pepper and add desired amount of EVOO (if you’re not adding bacon, opt for more EVOO).
- Scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of grated potato into each muffin cup. Use your fingers to gently press down on the sides and bottom to make a nest – you’re making room for the egg.
- Sprinkle a few pieces of bacon in each cup. Bake for 30-45 minutes to help crisp the potatoes and cook the bacon.
- Allow the nests to cool before cracking an egg into each cup (it’s okay if some of the egg white spills over into the pan. It cleans up easily at the end). Sprinkle with salt & pepper and bake until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to desired temperature (soft, medium or hard), about 15-30 minutes.
- *Fir Tree brand Silicone Baking Cups are BPA-free and the colors are great. Shop: Amazon.